Summer Rail Pass for Bay Grape Sunday School
Come on ride the train...
Join us for any or every Sunday School class this Summer with our Summer Rail Pass!
Whether you're heading on a grand California road trip this Summer, doing up a deluxe European tour, or even if you're stuck at home for the next three months, you can still join us on an ab-fab excursion to our favorite wine regions by way of our Summer Sunday School Series--and even better, you can join us for any or all of the classes with our Summer Rail Pass!
First up, we'll tour four of California's classic wine regions, then jaunt over for a quick taste of Germany before we hop over to France and end in Italy. In each class, we'll taste four classic regional wines while we learn about the local winemaking culture and wine styles. Plus, for whenever you do make it to said region in the flesh, we're including a list of our favorite producers in that area with contact information for setting up your own visit. The full Summer Sunday School Series lineup is posted below!
This Summer Rail Pass guarantees you a seat at the communal table for any and every Summer Sunday School class you'd like to attend (June 11 through September 3) for just $180--that's a total of 13 possible classes for the price of nine, or over 40% off regular class price.
Individual seats for each class will still be sold, as available, at regular price on the day of class (sign-ups open at 1pm for class at 3pm). Questions? Email email@example.com.
- June 11, 3:00-4:00pm: Mendocino with Winemaker Martha Stoumen
- June 18, 3:00-4:00pm: Napa with Winemaker John Lockwood from Enfield Wine Co.
- June 25, 3:00-4:00pm: Santa Barbara with Winemaker Gavin Chanin of Chanin Wines and Lutum Wines Josiah Baldivino... So sorry about Gavin; he called us two days before class to cancel :(
- July 2, 3:00-4:00pm: Sonoma with wine writer Elaine Chukan Brown (aka Hawk Wakawaka)
- July 9, 3:00-4:00pm: Germany with Bay Grape's own amazing Delia Sie, fresh off a trip to Germany
- July 16, 3:00-4:00pm: Champagne with Master Sommelier Emily Wines
- July 23, 3:00-4:00pm: Burgundy with Donny Sullivan, co-owner of The Source Imports
- July 30, 3:00-4:00pm: Rhône with Master Sommelier Jim Rollston of Manresa Restaurant and former intern at Thiérry Allemand in Cornas
- August 6, 3:00-4:00pm: Provence with Anthony Lynch of Kermit Lynch Wine Importers
- August 13, 3:00-4:00pm: Piedmont with Certified Sommelier Davis Smith, fresh off a harvest job at Cantina del Pino in Barbaresco
- August 20, 3:00-4:00pm: Veneto with Sommelier Shelley Lindgren, owner and wine director of A16 and SPQR
- August 27, 3:00-4:00pm: Tuscany with Sommelier Shelley Lindgren, owner and wine director of A16 and SPQR
- September 3, 3:00-4:00pm: Campania with Oliver McCrum of Oliver McCrum Wines